Below are listings for current job opportunities available at LifeWorks of Sonoma County.
Application instructions are included in each individual job posting.
LifeWorks of Sonoma County is seeking a dynamic Executive Director candidate who has a working knowledge of non-profit organizations and experience in community outreach, fund development, fiscal and program management. Candidates must have a passion for LifeWorks’ mission to provide mental health services to children and families in need and be willing to assume a significant leadership role.
LifeWorks programs have an outstanding reputation for successfully treating mental health concerns in our community, and it seeks a candidate to uphold its reputation and to take the organization to the next stage of growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement annual development plan to ensure necessary funds are raised to support operations and ensure the organization’s sustainability
- Anticipate and secure adequate funding for the operation of LifeWorks.
- Ensure appropriate board committees are formed to assist in meeting the goals outlines in the development plan
- Prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals
- Research and discover new funding sources,
- Collaborate with Board of Directors on fund development events throughout the fiscal year
- Meet regularly with Clinical Director to monitor day-to-day delivery of all LifeWorks programs and evaluate effectiveness of current programs, need for development of new programs, staff concerns, personnel evaluations, certifications and licensure
- Oversee planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects
- Collaborate with Clinical Director to provide adequate supervision and evaluation of clinical staff
- Promote the values and vision of LifeWorks programs to the community, as the face of LifeWorks and the primary spokesperson
- Serve as chief liaison to specific community groups, initiatives, funders and contractors
- Cultivate and build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including leaders in foundations, corporations, businesses, and government
Leadership and Personnel Management
- Bring passion and leadership to fulfilling Lifeworks mission and values
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse and competent staff
- Provide strong and decisive leadership to staff and work collaboratively with Clinical Director
- Ensure proper legal hiring and termination procedures and supervise disciplinary action
- Develop, analyze, monitor and control operating budgets to ensure efficient operation
- Ensure effective internal controls and audit preparation
- Prepare and interpret monthly financial statements for the Board of Directors
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and help prepare agendas and materials for meetings as necessary
- Renew all contracts annually and maintain all documentation required by funders
- Oversee administration duties and prepare annual job review of Clinical Director and administrative staff
- Develop and implement five-year strategic plan in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Certify proper regulatory codes and permits are kept current and compliance is followed in all programs
- Establish appropriate insurance is maintained for agency, staff and board
- Confirm compliance with funding sources and regulatory agencies
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions, training, regular performance evaluations and sound human resource practices are in place
Education and/or Experience:
- Proven track record of leadership, with a minimum of three years of nonprofit experience
- Demonstrated ability to grow and oversee a robust working budget for a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization
- Diverse experience in nonprofit fundraising, cultivation of donors, grant writing, and special events
- Successful track record of effectively leading and managing an organization and staff
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred and a graduate degree is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are accepting the first round of applications until Friday, September 22nd.
Qualified applicants should apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Lifeworks of Sonoma County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks a diverse and inclusive work environment and culture.