Dear Friends of Lifeworks,
As President of the Board of Directors of LifeWorks since mid-2015, I have had ample time to work alongside Executive Director Jill Royce. Now is the time to publicly thank her, and share with you how she helped shape, change and stabilize LifeWorks.
Jill officially retired from LifeWorks on January 10, 2018.
Jill is that rare leader who never sought the spotlight for herself; she instead focused on promoting the good work of the agency. That means that many of you may not know how extraordinary Jill’s leadership has been for our agency. Here are some highlights:
- Jill stepped up and took over the reins at LifeWorks in a time of major financial challenge for the agency. She balanced, juggled, and cut where needed, as she adroitly managed people, built relationships, and maintained the quality of our programs.
- Jill hired a talented, committed group of staff, built and respected their expertise, and then let them do their work. She cared deeply about their well-being and their workplace environment.
- Jill built relationships with funders and, equally important, she built LifeWorks’ reputation in the community. Our clients, donors and supporters know they can count on LifeWorks to do work that makes a difference.
- Under Jill’s leadership LifeWorks grew good programs into stronger ones that meet the current community needs and are poised to grow accordingly.
- Jill took pride in developing programs that met the needs of historically under-served community members.
- Jill’s leadership left LifeWorks with stable programs and finances.
On behalf of the board and staff, our supporters and clients, we thank Jill for her extraordinary service, and wish her well in her retirement.
P.S. LifeWorks has a new executive director, Lena Alhusseini, who took over the reigns on January 16. We will share her experience and goals for LifeWorks in the coming months.